FEATURES OF THE MASTERS COLLECTION: GANDALF & FRODO
- Masters Collection #3
- Extremely Limited Edition
- Sculpted by Steven Saunders
- Based on original 3foot6 Art Department drawings and blueprints
- 1:6 scale polystone statue
- Individually sculpted loose fireworks
- Back wall of cart can be opened
- Premium wooden packaging, which can be used as a display plinth
- Artificial greenery accents on base
- Dimensions: approx. 780mm x 450mm x 390mm | 30.7" x 15.35" x 17.71" (W X D X H)
- Includes exclusive art print featuring concept art by John Howe
The Lord of the Rings is often cited for its epic scope, massive armies, and intense battles of high action and even higher stakes. But the true heart of these films lies within the beautifully rich and complex characters that inhabit Tolkien’s world. Crafting Gandalf and Frodo in this scene of friendship was our opportunity to recreate a quieter moment that has so much emotional weight for fans, collectors, and us here at the Workshop.
NO STONE, SWORD, OR SIGNPOST UNTURNED
The Weta Workshop crew sought to craft Gandalf and Frodo in faithful detail – with a few surprises to reward keen-eyed collectors.
Sculptor Steven Saunders had the benefit of set drawings and blueprints from 3Foot6 Ltd’s art department, where the cart was designed and built for the trilogy. With digital software, Steven used these references as an overlay for the sculpture to ensure fidelity to the film scene. Model-makers David Tremont and Leonard Ellis physically retextured the resin 3D print with an intricate level of real-world detail.
Each firework in Gandalf’s cart has been replicated directly from its film version where possible. To fill the cart, the Weta Workshop crew looked beyond what was seen on screen, basing select designs on original, previously unseen conceptual art from The Fellowship of the Ring.
The resulting sculpture has a genealogy that can be traced to the heart of Middle-earth.
Please note: images show a pre-production prototype. Variations may occur.